This position will manage the state/ local tax function in the Corporate Tax Department and is responsible for the following:
- Manage the preparation and review of state/ local returns, including gathering information from operating units for inclusion in returns;
- Research state nexus and other state tax issues for companies in the group, including planning strategies with respect to acquisitions and dispositions;
- Provide state/local excise and income tax guidance to business units, including the optimization of state credits and incentives;
- Assist in the calculation and preparation of tax entries for state/local income, franchise, and excise taxes;
- Review and manage state/local estimated tax payments for the group;
- Assist with managing internal controls for compliance and implementation of best practice procedures.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and reference check, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or other applicable fields or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 10+ years experience in an income tax role, preferably with multi state corporate income & franchise taxes;
- Previous management experience;
- Strong ability, desire and initiative to self-study technical aspects and self-develop the skills required for this role;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex and technical issues;
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with typically tight schedules.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- CPA certification;
- Corporate state/local tax experience;
- Knowledge of the SAP accounting financial system;
- Experience preparing income tax accruals.
Iberdrola Renewables - 19 months ago
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...