Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Guest Services is a team of energetic, focused, and flexible people who have fun at what they do. Our role is to provide our guests with personalized service dedicated to ensuring that the entire travel experience is enjoyable and hassle free.
Main Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the role is to lead the operation and to organize, coach and develop Guest Service Team Members at the Station. Manage the daily operational activities in a fast paced environment.
The Airport Guest Service Supervisor must be an assertive, self starter, who proactively assumes responsibility for the airlines operational integrity and one whom takes action to keep the airline safe, on-time and consistent with our values. The Supervisor must be highly organized, focused, and multitask oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks. The position requires quick thinking, and in depth knowledge of overall operations. Must display an intense desire to satisfy both our internal (flight crews, ground operations, maintenance, etc.) and external customers. .
Main Areas of Responsibility
Professional Experience Required
- Team Member Satisfaction - Perform a key leadership role in the Guest Services department at Virgin America. Working closely with Team Members at all levels; the Supervisor ensures a sound foundation is created, focusing on people, guests, service and common sense.
- Leadership - provide professional, role model-type leadership within the Station and throughout the airline. Through actions, live the Virgin America vision and culture.
- Communication - establish strong communication channels and be a willing, motivational and enthusiastic communicator with individuals and groups.
- Recognition and Participation - seek face-to-face opportunities to recognize exceptional individual and group performance.
- Operational Management – Supervise all phases of station guest service and operations. Provide technical guidance and interpret company and local policies and procedures. Analyze and evaluate station operating performance in the areas of on time, baggage, safety and others and implement constant improvement.
- Training – ensure that learning is a continual part of the team’s development
- FAA & Other Regulatory Relations – Responsible for the Station’s interaction with the FAA, TSA, OSHA, Virgin America’s Security and Safety departments, and other regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Fiscal Responsibility - Responsible for operating within the station budget
- Contract Partnerships – partner and support service providers to ensure seamless service from ground handlers, fueling companies, baggage delivery companies and other service providers.
- Proactively create an initial rapport with Guests and anticipate their needs
- Manage a full range of Guest service functions including:
- Guest check-in and assistance
- Gate management / boarding announcements
- Baggage Services - lost luggage claim processing and tracking through World Tracer
- Operations functions
- Responsible for driving the Jet-Bridge for Guest loading and unloading
- Perform cleaning of the aircraft cabin
- Lead the operational aspects of a station
- Communicate pertinent information to Flight Crew personnel
- Determines and communicates any Guest capacity or weight restrictions
- Briefs flight crews on local weather, Guest loads, mail/cargo loads, fuel loads, gate changes, and Air Traffic Control holds
- Complete daily reports
- Other duties as assigned by manager. May include assistance with station auditing and reporting duties.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Extensive background in Airport Operations preferred
- Possession of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- College degree preferred
- Previous Airline or Travel Industry experience
- Operational experience focused on the Guest experience and safety, on-time, and baggage performance
- Solid leadership skills including developing people, driving results, identifying opportunities for and managing change, etc.
- Ability to work within tight budgets.
- Innovative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Desire to push the envelope and challenge status quo.
- Keen understanding of and fit with the Virgin America brand and culture.
- Natural feel for and passion towards exceptional service.
- Self starter, motivated, a desire to contribute and make a difference.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, lead, coach and develop staff is absolutely critical.
- Willingness to work hard and have fun doing it.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Virgin America - 7 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...