Under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer, performs activities concerned w/ design, construction, modification, & maintenance of equipment & machinery in medical center facility. Under limited supervision, ensures efficient & reliable operation of all machinery, including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating, & air conditioning systems within the Medical Center.
• Under general supervision, performs tasks in support of physical plant, equipment/systems & operations, including life support & life safety equipment.
• May be required to work in emergencies during off hours & on weekend shifts.
• Performs inspection & adjustment of equipment.
• Reads & interprets blueprints, specifications, operation & maintenance manuals, & other documents to determine proper operation.
• Troubleshoots & problem solves under normal & abnormal situations.
• Operates, adjusts, & analyzes various pieces of physical plant equipment through use of computers & microprocessor-based devices.
• Tests newly installed machines & equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
• Performs other duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Three (3) + years of related experience &/or training.
• Journeyman level field service experience in industrial electrical &/or refrigeration.
• Engineering background in acute care hospital preferred.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Valid California Drivers License.
• CFC Certificate preferred (required for HVAC and Refrigeration only).
• Working knowledge & ability to perform duties of all trade classifications including electrical, plumbing, carpentry & HVAC.
• Must possess a working knowledge of medical gas distribution & alarm systems, water treatment, steam systems, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, electric motors, & variable frequency drives.
• Understanding of preventive maintenance & work order system, preferably MP2.
• Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
• Capable of performing maintenance, troubleshooting, & repair of HVAC equipment (including chillers & boilers), electrical distribution, & operating room equipment.
• Ability to read & comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, & memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one & small group situations to customers, clients, & other incumbents of the organization.
• Ability to regularly lift & /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift &/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Kaiser Permanente - 21 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...