Under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer, performs activities concerned w/ design, construction, modification, & maintenance of equipment & machinery in medical center facility. Under limited supervision, ensures efficient & reliable operation of all machinery, including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating, & air conditioning systems within the Medical Center.
• Under general supervision, performs tasks in support of physical plant, equipment/systems & operations, including life support & life safety equipment.
• May be required to work in emergencies during off hours & on weekend shifts.
• Performs inspection & adjustment of equipment.
• Reads & interprets blueprints, specifications, operation & maintenance manuals, & other documents to determine proper operation.
• Troubleshoots & problem solves under normal & abnormal situations.
• Operates, adjusts, & analyzes various pieces of physical plant equipment through use of computers & microprocessor-based devices.
• Tests newly installed machines & equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
• Performs other duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Three (3) + years of related experience &/or training.
• Journeyman level field service experience in industrial electrical &/or refrigeration.
• Engineering background in acute care hospital preferred.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Valid California Drivers License.
• CFC Certificate preferred (required for HVAC and Refrigeration only).
• Working knowledge & ability to perform duties of all trade classifications including electrical, plumbing, carpentry & HVAC.
• Must possess a working knowledge of medical gas distribution & alarm systems, water treatment, steam systems, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, electric motors, & variable frequency drives.
• Understanding of preventive maintenance & work order system, preferably MP2.
• Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
• Capable of performing maintenance, troubleshooting, & repair of HVAC equipment (including chillers & boilers), electrical distribution, & operating room equipment.
• Ability to read & comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, & memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one & small group situations to customers, clients, & other incumbents of the organization.
• Ability to regularly lift & /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift &/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....