1. Operates and maintains hot water and steam systems: boilers, transfer pumps, heating coils, piping and related controls.
2. Operates and monitors the Building Automation Systems.
3. Monitors and retrieves work orders from TMA work order system.
4. Installs, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on various equipment in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals, maintenance schedules and manufacturer specifications.
5. Maintains and repairs air handler units, exhaust fans, and supply fans.
6. Operates and maintains chilled water systems to include chillers, circulating pumps, cooling towers, piping and related controls.
7. Assists in the inspection, installation, repair and replacement of pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures to maintain the water, gas and drain systems.
8. Operates and tests auxiliary generators and electrical distribution systems with documentation of all testing.
9. Maintains inventory of required equipment and supplies to perform responsibilities.
10. Maintains all equipment and supplies required in the provision of services in optimum operational status with procurement or replacement of equipment as needed.
11. Maintains documentation of all activities performed.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities Management and/or Facilities Manager.
13. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
14. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
15. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
16. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
17. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
18. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
19. Communicates effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
20. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
21. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
22. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
23. Other duties as assigned.
City of Houston Stationary Engineers License 3
City of Houston Stationary Engineers License 1st Grade