Scannell & Kurz, a RuffaloCODY company, specializes in developing customized financial aid and enrollment management solutions for higher education clients. The partnership of Scannell & Kurz and RuffaloCODY is excited to offer a Statistical Programmer/Analyst opportunity in Rochester, New York.
The Statistical Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for developing enrollment and retention probability models designed to assist clients with understanding the key drivers in enrollment and re-enrollment decisions which are then used to make recommendations to clients about changes in enrollment policy, strategy, and organization with the goal of achieving enrollment and retention objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (not limited to)
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Licenses/Certifications and Work Experience:
- Communicate effectively with clients regarding data needs and issues
- Maintain and secure client data
- Run data integrity checks on client data and work with clients to correct errors
- Transform, prepare, and manipulate raw data sets for data processing, report generation, and statistical analyses
- Create clear and informative summary reports/tables
- Use SAS to develop enrollment and retention probability models and to simulate alternative awarding strategies
- Proficient in using SAS or other statistical software (i.e., SPSS, STATA, etc.) to do the following:
- Perform statistical analyses using descriptive, inferential, and multivariate statistics
- Manage and maintain data files
- Design and prepare statistical charts, tables, and graphs
- Excellent problem solving skills and overall ability to independently work through obstacles
- Solid understanding & knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or other relevant field.
- Excellent organizational skills, very detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Must be able to work in an environment where the noise level is low
Insight on Scannell & Kurz:
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or other relevant field.
- Familiarity with college admissions or financial aid terminology
- Experience in institutional research or enrollment management research
Scannell & Kurz services include strategic financial aid reviews, organizational and operational reviews for admissions and financial aid, and retention audits. The firm works in partnership with clients sharing analytical techniques and methodology in order to develop greater client self-sufficiency in addressing future enrollment challenges. The solutions recommended are unique to each client, based on a data-driven understanding of each institution’s particular market position and challenges. Special attention is paid to ensuring that the solutions are practical, detailed, and implementable. Outcomes include improved net tuition revenue, more effective management of institutional resources, and achievement of specific class profile and retention targets. Now in its 16 th year, the company has served 300 institutions. Scannell & Kurz joined the RuffaloCODY organization this year. For more information about the company, visit http://www.scannellkurz.com/ruffalocody
RuffaloCODY - 19 months ago