KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• A Technical bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
• 5+ years of experience deploying statistical methodologies required.
• In depth knowledge of Six Sigma preferred.
• In depth knowledge of Human Performance (HuP) preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results, manage multiple priorities in parallel, and influence the organization to improve.
• Demonstrated team leadership skills in addressing complex and diverse issues.
• Experience interfacing with and communicating effectively to multiple levels of management.
EXAMPLES OF ANALYSIS SKILLS ARE BELOW:
• Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
• Reliability Analysis
• Multiple Response Optimization
• Hypothesis Testing
• Uncertainty Analysis
• Monte Carlo Analysis
• Analysis of Variance ANOVA
• Decision Analysis
• Discrete Event Simulation
• Probabilistic Design
• Waiting Line Analysis
• Statistical Process Control
• Probability Elicitation Modeling
• Process Capability
• Parameter Design
• Artificial Neural Network Models
• Design of Experiments DOE
• Tolerance Design
• Economic Modeling
• Sampling Plans
• Variation Transmission Analysis
• Validation of Models
• Warranty Estimation
• Real Options Analysis
• Perform ASME Standard based uncertainty analysis, including propagation of uncertainties through analytical and finite element models, determine validation uncertainties from the combination of prediction and test measurement uncertainties.
• Perform statistical modeling, verification, validation, testing, analysis, and forecasting of various factors affecting product design and business performance utilizing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting, statistical modeling, regression, and experimental design.
• Lead the application and validation of mathematical and statistical methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize data in order to assist in decision-making.
• Complete formal second party reviews of statistical analysis
• Prepare presentations of complex statistical concepts and results for non-statistical audiences.
• Identify opportunities and champion the application of statistics to improve business performance.
• Maintain proficiency and expand knowledge in the application of advanced statistical methods.
• Train and mentor others in the application of statistical methodologies trained.
• Perform engineering design and analysis, identify problems and propose operational solutions to projects and tasks that are partially defined and moderately complex in nature, requiring knowledge and experience within given disciplines.
• Ensure proper controls are in place and document supporting evaluations and analyses.
• Verify work of other engineers on assignments that range from basic to moderately complex in nature.
• Communicate nature and status of work performed to appropriate Westinghouse management as well as designated customer engineering personnel.
• Participate on project teams with internal and/or external representation. May lead teams on well-defined projects.
• Prepare technical description section for various proposals, including cost benefit studies.
• Propose and initiate test programs and evaluate results.
• Identify and communicate areas for product/service improvements to management personnel.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, related technical discipline or equivalent
• 3-7 years of applicable engineering experience is required. Academic study in applicable discipline may be used to satisfy some experience requirement.
• PE license and the ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access at plant locations is a PLUS