Uses predictive modeling, statistics, trend analysis, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and identify the right data to be analyzed from internal and external sources, then constructs software systems and algorithms to explain or predict customer behavior and solve a variety of business problems.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists business analysts with finding patterns and relationships in data.
- Builds predictive models using data, tests the model on results outside of the sample size and verifies the model in the real world.
- Determines relevant quantitative methods for solving client issues.
- Proactive and effective interaction with other internal groups throughout FIS
- Shares knowledge with other member of the analytics team
- Evaluates and improves internal tools and processes.
- Projects may include: testing strategy development for marketing initiatives, supporting product lifecycle decisions, evaluating product utilization, supporting fraud detection, etc.
Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university on computer science preferred or in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three years of experience. Typically reports to a Statistician/Data Analyst Specialist.
- Must possess strong understanding of internal business segment (stakeholders) and may require presentation skills.
- Typically requires experience in relational database structures, research methods, sampling techniques, and system testing.
- Proficient in working with large-scale business data sets, fluent in scripting and rapid prototyping skills including expertise in SAS, WEKA, SPSS, as well as C/C++/SQL, Perl or Java.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Account Management (Non-Commissioned)
US-FL-Saint Petersburg FL
FIS Global - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...