Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Provide stellar customer service.
- Greet and welcome guests, assign seating, and escort guests to their table.
- Follow company procedures for seating guests including understanding and following station charts and maintaining customer flow.
- Inform guests of menu items, specials offered, and marketing promotion information as requested.
- Complete sales to customers including taking money in payment of sales, counting appropriate change, appropriate handling of cash payments, properly processing comps, and appropriate accounting for cash, credit, and comp receipts as needed.
- Assist servers and bussers in maintaining dining areas including taking orders, delivery and bussing as necessary for the efficient operation of business.
- Respond to telephone inquiries including making reservations and taking messages as needed.
- Respond to “to go” orders including packaging orders, collection of payment, and delivery to guests.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Minimum of one to three months of related experience and/or training
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to business needs including but not limited to counting money
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 17 months ago