Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Provide stellar customer service.
- Promptly and appropriately greet guests arriving at table.
- Verbally interact with guests creating a fun and exciting atmosphere.
- Provide information to guests as needed such as beverage or food selections available.
- Promptly and accurately take beverage and food orders.
- Properly and promptly transmit orders to the culinary staff for preparation.
- Properly serve food items to guests.
- Properly remove items and dishes from tables as needed.
- Offer or present dessert selections to guests and serve items ordered.
- Refresh and replenish beverages including water and coffee.
- Prepare checks and present to guests.
- Provide service as an “expeditor” on a rotational basis including delivering or serving food and beverage items as well as clearing or removing items, dishes, food and beverages from tables.
- Complete sales to customers including taking money, counting back the appropriate amount of change, correctly processing and validating comps, and appropriate operation of cash register, cash bag, or bank and proper use of Micros system.
- Complete tasks to prepare for business including tasks such as wiping down station, straighten and polish flatware, wipe down and polish stemware, refill condiments; wipe chairs and check linens.
- Complete tasks for closing including tasks such as resetting a station for the next shift and completing assigned side work.
- Occasionally perform duties that will assist with customer flow including seating and bussing.
- Follow appropriate food handling procedures to ensure safe, quality products.
- Complete deposits at the end of each shift as required. Perform tasks to ensure an attractive patron dining area associated with the steakhouse venue including removal of trash and debris from tables and cleaning tables and chairs.
- Ensure supplies and products are stocked as needed.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Minimum of one to three months of related experience and/or training
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 17 months ago