The selected candidate will be accountable for building a strong understanding of customer needs throughout all Emerson Business Units within assigned commodity families, developing strategies for addressing those needs, and executing the plan to achieve those strategies. This will involve building a strong relationship with Business Unit Management, managing supplier relationships, working with Business Units / suppliers to correct major or repetitive supply issues, and maintaining Material Information Network data as required.
Basic Responsibilities and Objectives Include:
· Identify the needs and objectives of all Business Units purchasing Carbon Long and Stainless Products.
· Lead virtual teams and councils to set high level direction and strategy.
· Champion Perfect Execution activities at the Business Unit level.
· Work to improve supplier lead times and on time delivery performance.
· Track and implement actions to reduce and manage inventory.
· Work cross functionally with engineering, marketing, and operations.
· Track, verify and report commodity saving projections and results.
· Understand, insure accuracy, and set expectations for all responsible commodities reported in Business Unit inflation models.
· Oversee project implementation by building a strong working relationship with Business Unit management.
· Work with suppliers to identify and correct major or repetitive supply issues.
· Maintain Material Information Network data as required.
· Develop and manage supplier relationships to achieve strategies.
· Assist in implementation of demand driven supply chain initiatives at Business Units.
· Identify commodity savings opportunities via
Best Cost Country projects
Material Information Network analysis
Material flow through
Analysis projects for Corporate suppliers
· Report unresolved implementation issues to EMR senior management.
· Travel – Estimated at 20%. Domestic and International.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each basic responsibility satisfactorily and meet education and experience requirements.
Education and Experience:
· BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Materials or related degree required.
· MBA preferred.
· 7 years experience in Business, Manufacturing/Operations or Supply Chain required, 10 years preferred.
· Manufacturing/Operations background preferred.
· Detailed market knowledge of the steel industry gained through the following: direct distribution or mill sales, experience in operations and/or marketing, or firsthand procurement negotiation knowledge required.
· Knowledge of steel scrap and raw material input markets preferred.
· Background in bar, rod, wire, flatroll, tubular, or stainless steel preferred; aluminum or brass will be considered.
· Understanding of carbon and stainless steel grades preferred.
· Regional steel industry experience is required and global steel industry experience preferred.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are required.
· Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and the necessary skills to effectively utilize technology and systems specific to the department required.
· Strong presentation competence.
· Demonstrated leadership skills, strong team orientation, and proven ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management required.
· Strong understanding of direct material use, cost control, and negotiations required.