Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Promote and maintain all steps of the STARS program with each patron and employee you may come in contact with (eye contact, hi- greeting, goodbye as a departure).
- Normal and deep cleaning of inside/outside of ovens, inside/outside of hoods, inside/outside of grills, inside/outside of stoves, inside/outside deep fryers, inside/outside hot boxes, inside/outside salamanders, steam tables, chafers, table and counter tops, inside/outside walk-in refrigerators and freezers, speed racks (Crescors), trash cans & trash dumpsters, glass, brass, ceilings, walls, floors, drains, fans.
- Deep cleaning steward needs knowledge of taking apart and putting this above equipment back together.
- Ensure proper storage of equipment, chemicals and restaurant supplies in compliance with departmental, company and OSHA standards, in the dish and pot rooms, kitchens, mop rooms and trash dock. This includes but is not limited to china, glassware, silverware, trash cans, trash dumpsters, pots & pans.
- Ensure the proper stocking and restocking of all food line china and utensils before, during and after the restaurant hours of operation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six plus months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, Word)
- Must be able to read and write in English and have good verbal communicating skills.
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting and fractions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 15 months ago