Assist in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all food and beverage area; Meet all the required health and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrate Turnberry Hotel Group Standards in all interactions.
• Always practice proper food handling procedures, cleaning and storage of containers, use of cleaning chemicals & PPEs.
• Monitor and ensure that all temperature and chemical solution requirements are met.
• Set up and breakdown and clean dishwashing machine, scrape, rack, load, unload and put away equipment. Keep floors and work area clean.
• Remove garbage and sort recyclable, monitor and keep all employee hand sinks stocked and clean.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming; which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag while working.
• Work closely with fellow co-workers at all times.
• Perform other duties as requested
• Assist kitchen staff with basic food prep items: Including but not limited to peeling potatoes, cleaning mushrooms, shucking corn, making hamburgers, making carrot juice, using the vacuum sealer machine etc.
• Polishing copper pans for bread service
• Loading and unloading fire wood
• Cleaning the fryers
• Cleaning out the ashes from the wood burning grill daily
• Reporting directly to the Chef and Sous Chefs to make sure kitchen is properly prepped for service
• Mopping the walk-in floors
• Setting up the water bath for the grill station daily (P.M..)
• One year previous experience as a Steward or a similar position
• Ability to communication in English language (second language is a plus)
• Must be a team player
• Knowledge of proper chemical handling, cleaning techniques and use of equipment/machinery
• Ability to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends
• Able to perform multiple tasks
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must be physically fit in order to lift, pull and push items up to 50 pounds
• Requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout shift