The Stock Specialist supports the store leadership team by executing strategies that consistently meet and exceed company standards. The Stock Specialist drives for the efficient execution of company defined best practices and productivity standards for BOH organization and merchandise replenishment. The Stock Specialist ensures a seamless customer service experience that models EASE behaviors and drives productivity, sales and profitability.
The Stock Specialist supports the in-stock positioning of the store and may assist in, but is not the owner of, moving product at the time of shipment to support shop concepts and drive sales within the department/store. Ownership of moves resides with Merchandising Leaders in the store. The Stock Specialist is cross-trained in all work centers to best help support the needs of the store at any time. This Specialist has keys and can open the building to begin the replenishment process, but should not be the only Leader in the store during open hours for more than three hours per shift. The Stock Specialist should never be the Leader on Duty (LOD).
Business & Financial
Works in partnership with ASM and Store Manager to ensure movement of merchandise between the BOH and salesfloor meets company standards.
Understands Planograms, LRT Replenishment and BOH Organization processes and uses reports to inform merchandise movement direction.
Ensures productivity goals are met while adhering to company defined best practices.
Ensures efficiencies in merchandise handling to improve in-stock positioning and meet payroll and productivity goals.
Partners with Merchandise leaders to ensure proper flexing of product.
Communicates successes, opportunities and solutions to ASM or Store Manager to drive results.
Proactively work with ASM and Store Manager to identify opportunities to improve execution and efficiency of BOH Organization and Replenishment best practices resulting in increased Replenishment efficiency, improved in-stock position, and increased UPH, Comp Sales and CES scores.
Managing & Operating
Practices and ensures all company policies and procedures are followed.
Utilizes recovery statements to minimize external loss.
Executes all activities related to Risk Management and Safety.
Ensure store is compliant with daily cleaning activities.
Organizes, coordinates, and oversees the implementation of Project ONE Replenishment and BOH Organization initiatives.
Executes the Project ONE Replenishment best practice and champions Replenishment process changes in the store.
Partner with the ASM to hold store team accountable for efficiency in replenishment process and in-stock position.
Customer & Markets
Exhibits EASE behaviors to drive service standards.
Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of BOH Organization and Replenishment standards to ensure in-stock positioning is upheld for all basics and Planogram items so Jennie can always find her size on the salesfloor.
Ensures all sizes /styles that are in backstock are represented on the salesfloor every day.
Leadership & Employee
Works shoulder to shoulder with team on Replenishment and BOH Organization processes.
Assists the ASM in leading and training all Replenishment functions.
Acts as a liaison between Associates and store leadership.
Demonstrates and acts in accordance with Gap, Inc. Code of Business Conduct.
Education / Experience
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates time management and organization skills
- Demonstrates passion for customer service
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently with competing priorities
- Excellent delegation and follow up skills
- Ability to develop and train others
- Demonstrates conflict management and resolution skills
- Demonstrates technical proficiency
- Demonstrates visual merchandising skills
- Demonstrates business comprehension
- High School diploma or equivalent desired
- Two-year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 12 months with Old Navy or prior work experience desired
- Prior experience working within a team desired
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to effectively maneuver around salesfloor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, squatting and climbing
- Required to have open availability on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Must maintain a minimum of 80 hours of availability to be eligible for this position
- Availability must also allow for flexibility for overnight shifts
- This is the current availability requirements and will be adjusted as the needs of the business change
Store Sales, Stock and Visual
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...