The Stock Lead supervises merchandise handling processes, provides on the job training, and supervises the daily activities of all non-sell/or and stock associates. This role is responsible for overall stockroom organization. The Stock Lead oversees replenishment process, and provides manager with feedback regarding staff performance.
- Supports and ensures execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to floor-ready standards
- Partners with appropriate manager to direct shipment placement on the sales floor
- Ensures floor is replenished to Company standard. Follows up with staff to ensure accuracy.
- Performs audit and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets and charge sends according to guidelines.
- Oversees and executes markdowns in a timely and accurate manner. Audits markdowns to ensure accuracy.
- Tracks productivity and ensures team meets merchandise handling standards
- Provides feedback to manager regarding merchandise handling concerns
- Role models and leads the Outlet's customer promise behaviors when on the sales floor
- Treats all customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Communicates staffing requirements to management
- Communicates daily goals and priorities to stock employees; redirects activities as necessary to achieve productivity standards
- Trains, directs and coaches stock employees in the moment to meet productivity standards
- Trains, directs and coaches stock employees in the moment to perform customer service standards and behaviors when in the sales floor
- Coordinates stock employees' breaks and shift change schedules to maximize productivity
- Communicates feedback to manager regarding stock employee performance
- Communicates any policy violations to management in a timely manner
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in Policy and Procedure
- Maintains all shipment related paperwork to meet audit requirements
- Manages shipment supplies and fixtures; communicates needs to manager
- Maintains company standards of neat, clean and organized stockroom
- Follows all Loss Prevention policies as they relate to back room standards; communicates violations to management
- 1-2 years stock supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills with customers and employees alike
- Ability to give basic direction to associate level employees
- Ability to create a positive work environment
- Ability to delegate and prioritize multiple tasks; take initiative
- Ability to motivate employees to proactively perform replenishment tasks which result in the customers' satisfaction
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to maneuver around the sales floor and stock rooms
Store Sales, Stock and Visual
GAP Inc - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...