Our Mission: Stockman Bank is a Montana born company, built on western values,
focused on creating long-standing relationships through integrity, expertise and results.
Our Mission is to become the preferred leader in Agribusiness, Commercial, and Personal Insurance by serving our clients needs with personalized and professional customer service. Our people, philosophy and the way we do business have positioned Stockman Insurance as Montana’s leading insurer by offering multiple lines of insurance including Agriculture, Commercial, and Personal. Our offices are locally managed and community-oriented, allowing us to best serve our customers. Stockman Insurance Agents are highly qualified, well educated professionals with the experience to effectively cover all insurance needs.
Position General Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for various duties performing as an assistant to the Assigned Producer(s) Conrad, and Office Manager, VP/General Manager Stockman Insurance.
1. Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
2. Good interpersonal/team skills with ability to develop effective working relationships.
3. High School diploma or equivalency;
4. Ten key proficiency;
5. Previous personal/computer experience;
1. Previous work experience (at least 2 years) in the insurance industry.
2. Knowledge and experience in using Windows based applications.
Dimension of Job:
This position performs various duties as an assistant to the licensed Stockman Insurance Agent. This includes all facets of administrative, accounting, and servicing for Stockman Insurance clients.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies:
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
1. Administrative Function
Provide clerical support to the licensed agent as needed.
Maintenance of files.
Answering phones and greeting customers.
Assist Licensed Agent in quoting new business using on-line systems or rating manuals.
Assist Licensed Agent in processing endorsement or change requests.
2. Billing Support Function
Assist in daily, monthly, and/or quarterly reconciliations for direct bill, account current, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
3. Insurance Agency Organization & Administration
Promote the improvement of Stockman Insurance through quality customer service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
Contribute to harmonious relationship with other employees to provide and maintain the best possible work environment.
4. Sales of Non Insurance Products
Take part in an active referral program to Stockman Bank and Stockman Investment Services.
5. Federal Regulation:
Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Physical and Mental Demands
(The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% of shift Frequently = 34-66% of shift Constantly = 67-100% of shift
1. Constant lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. Constantly required to hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details. Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
2. Frequently lift or carry up to 25 lbs stand, walk or sit, while requiring oral and written communications with customers and transactions with guidance available.
3. Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
4. Infrequently climb (up ladders, etc.), balance (to reach items) or drive a car.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
6. Infrequently drive a car or work extended hours.
Work Environment ( The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. Constantly works with others, around others and with customers and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
2. Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and customers while hearing teller machines (of other tellers), conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
3. Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.