NIIT Technologies is looking for a Storage Engineer to work full time in Las Vegas, NV. Please call 770-290-6099 for more information.
Storage engineer – Brocade/EMC/HP
. Experience in EMC Storage Tools supporting VMAX & DMX storage systems (ECC, Navisphere, Unisphere), Industry leading Backup Tools (EMC Networker, IBM TSM, Symantec Netbackup) as well as Brocade Webtools and Fabric Manager. Veritas Storage Foundation Suite for Windows experience is a plus.
2. Administer and Support Storage Systems (EMC) & Fabrics in a 24/7 environment.
3.- Primarily all the configuration changes should be done using SMC, Symcli.
- Must be able to establish, Implement and Maintain procedures for Storage provisioning & optimization. Also required to prepare written documentation for root cause analysis and implementation process.
- Configure Changes, tests, supports and troubleshoots all aspects of SAN fiber (Cisco).
- Prepare Storage Consumption reports, usage trends etc.
- Suggest improvements based on technology, best practices, or changing requirements.
- Collects SAN performance data at regular intervals and develop action plans accordingly.
- Implement and support SAN based replications (SRDF) across datacenters.
- Perform health checks of the storage infrastructure daily/weekly.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation as well as overnight/weekend maintenance support.
- Works in a high pressure environment with more focus on real-time issue resolution.
# Has exposure to McData Fibre Channel Switches, Brocade Swiitches, Cisco Switches.
# Has worked on Navisphere Manager, EMC Symmetrix CLI ( Solutions Enabler ), EMC Control Centre ( ECC ).
# Is proficient with viewing Symmetrix configuration data using Solutions Enabler and ECC.
# Proficient with daily tasks which include lun mapping and masking, setting symmetrix port flags.
# Has exposure to EMC Timefinder and SRDF environments. Proficient in BCV sync / split processes and RDF1 / RDF2 sync / split.
# Has exposure to viewing Clarion and Symmetrix / DMX errors and hardware failures.
# Comfortable in opening cases with EMC and driving them to closure.
# Has worked on various Volume Management software's like AIX LVM, HP LVM, and Veritas Volume Manager.
Gaming Certification required.
NIIT Technologies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard