The Store Manager - Bench is responsible for the complete day to day operation of a Gander Mountain store. They are responsible for maximizing store sales and profitability while working ethically in accordance with Gander Mountain standards as well as state and federal regulations and policies.
- Promotes Sales and Profit Generation by meeting sales and profit goals, market appropriate merchandise, execution of plan-o-grams, use reporting tools as a guide in decision making.
- Drives Operations and Budget Management by reducing costs while maintaining standards, achieving shrink goals, managing labor and other controllable expenses.
- Set high expectations and hold others accountable, reward success, community involvement, promote brand recognition, clearly communicate policies and expectations.
- Plan and delegate by executing company directives and inspiring the team to accomplish objectives, schedule and clearly assign and communicate work.
- Develop people through recruiting, training, and evaluating associates through performance feedback, timely reviews and development plans.
- Establish and maintain functional, productive working relationships across the organization as well as in the community. Promote and utilize the “open door” policy.
- Embrace and apply “Service Standards”, exceed customer expectations and resolve any customer issues.
- Follow and implement company processes and procedures including all compliance requirements, meet timelines as well as monitor progress and adjust timelines.
Gander Mountain is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years prior retail management experience, preferably in a “big box” format.
- Must be open and able to relocate within a multi-state area.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal, persuasive, leadership and negotiation skills are required to interact with all levels of the store team.
- Proven ability to manage processes and to lead and develop solid teams, build relationships and influence decisions.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and systems.
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change with ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
Gander Mountain has got the gear to get you out of the office and up the mountain. The company operates nearly 120 outdoor sporting goods...