The Store Manager - Bench is responsible for the complete day to day operation of a Gander Mountain store. They are responsible for maximizing store sales and profitability while working ethically in accordance with Gander Mountain standards as well as state and federal regulations and policies.
- Promotes Sales and Profit Generation by meeting sales and profit goals, market appropriate merchandise, execution of plan-o-grams, use reporting tools as a guide in decision making.
- Drives Operations and Budget Management by reducing costs while maintaining standards, achieving shrink goals, managing labor and other controllable expenses.
- Set high expectations and hold others accountable, reward success, community involvement, promote brand recognition, clearly communicate policies and expectations.
- Plan and delegate by executing company directives and inspiring the team to accomplish objectives, schedule and clearly assign and communicate work.
- Develop people through recruiting, training, and evaluating associates through performance feedback, timely reviews and development plans.
- Establish and maintain functional, productive working relationships across the organization as well as in the community. Promote and utilize the “open door” policy.
- Embrace and apply “Service Standards”, exceed customer expectations and resolve any customer issues.
- Follow and implement company processes and procedures including all compliance requirements, meet timelines as well as monitor progress and adjust timelines.
Gander Mountain is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years prior retail management experience, preferably in a “big box” format.
- Must be open and able to relocate within a multi-state area.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal, persuasive, leadership and negotiation skills are required to interact with all levels of the store team.
- Proven ability to manage processes and to lead and develop solid teams, build relationships and influence decisions.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and systems.
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change with ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
Gander Mountain - 21 months ago
Gander Mountain has got the gear to get you out of the office and up the mountain. The company operates nearly 120 outdoor sporting goods...