Lowe's 2014 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to undergraduate and graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE 100 company. The summer internship program begins with Orientation in late May and concludes in early August, 2014. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify.
Store Operations - Assistant Store Manager (ASM) Intern in Atlanta-Edgewood, GA will focus on learning retail operations and leadership. Intern will spend 1 week in all four functional areas (3 Sales floor + 1 Admin), coupled with 4 weeks of the ASM development program. ASM development experiences would include learning in:
• Advanced communications
• Difficult situations
• Customer experience
• Driving sales & margin
• Specialty sales
• Controllable expense
• Employee performance
• ASM intern will be assigned to a “home-store”, reporting directly to the Store Manager with strong connection to the HR Manager.
• Job shadowing across the sales floor and with the ASM of Administration will occur, allowing the intern to experience a detailed experience across all sales areas as well as the front/back office operations of a retail operation.
Potential for travel to Region office, one time during internship experience.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (certain preferences may be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
• Must pass pre-employment tests, if applicable
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as needed
• Previous management and people leadership experience in retail, (including: drug store, grocery, hard lines, or general merchandise)
• Functional knowledge of retail merchandising, operations and management practices and procedures
• A strong customer service orientation and focus
• Effective organizational, communication (written and oral) and problem solving skills
• Comfort operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing big box retail environment
Preferred Major(s): Business, Retail Management with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Prior retail experience would be helpful, though not required. Other customer service experience would also be highly desirable.
Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited four year college program in order to be eligible for an internship. Preference will be given to students that have or will have completed their junior year (December 2014 or May 2015).
With fiscal year 2012 sales of $50.5 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,750 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's - 17 months ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...