As a key member of the Store Operations HR Leadership team, the HR Manager is responsible for the management of the Human Resource function supporting up to 500 retail stores per Divisional Vice President and by providing operational support and management of HR functional activities including recruiting, succession planning, workforce stabilization, compliance, compensation, benefits, team relations, and employee communications for assigned Region(s).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with Store Operations Business Partners to ensure Human Resources practices are met including HR Compliance, Staffing Levels, Retention and Team Member Engagement.
2. Coach Field Management and Store Managers to success on all aspects of Human Resource management in groups and one on one.
3. Communicate and support best practices regarding Hiring, Team Member Engagement, Retention and Performance Management.
4. Assist in the management of the Talent Management process to include: Annual Performance Appraisals and mid-year assessments; impress upon management the importance of the career planning and performance evaluation programs.
5. Plan and direct Store Operations Succession and Retention practices to include Annual Succession Planning meetings and Individual Development Plans. Follow up with the Operators and HR DVPs quarterly for status updates to identify candidates for available positions across the organization.
6. Partner with Team Relations Managers, Field Managers and LP Business Partners to conduct investigations and successfully resolve Team Relations issues in a timely manner.
7. Analysis of People Metrics and Reports to determine opportunities for improvement and prepare action-oriented market plans for Store Operations.
8. Collaborate with HR DVP Store Operations to develop and implement innovative approaches, programs and policies /procedures that contribute to a Team Member oriented, strong Company culture.
9. Maintain expert knowledge of Federal and State employment law and ensure compliance within Store Operations
10. Represent HR and Store Operations on cross-functional teams for projects, new programs and process improvement.
11. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Human Resources, Management or a related field; or equivalent experience
Minimum of 4-6 years of HR experience; multi-unit experience in an retail or related environment strongly preferred.
Job Related / Technical Skills
: Microsoft Office Application Proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Oracle a plus
: PHR/SPHR Certification a plus
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Background Check Required
Drug Screen Required
Family Dollar - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Penny-pinching single moms are drawn to Family Dollar. The nation's #2 dollar store (behind Dollar General) targets forty-something...