Shopko has been providing name-brand & value apparel, home decor, family basics, and seasonal merchandise along with pharmacy and optometric services for over 50 years.
Shopko is a $3 Billion company with almost 19,000 teammates. We have over 300 stores in 21 states throughout the Midwest, Mountain, Pacific Northwest, and Southern regions. Shopko continues to grow, while still maintaining a hometown feel in our small to mid-sized city markets.
Provide direction and oversight for all front end operations and processes at the Stores to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Partner with field teams to provide direction, support, and training for all operations initiatives throughout all Shopko Stores.
Front End Direction
• Serve as primary leader responsible for all front end operational effectiveness and process improvement efforts for the company
• Design and implement innovative change for the company
• Ensure best practice standards for Stores
• Ensure clear concise documentation and tools are provided to Stores in a timely manner
Lead Merchandising Programs
• Serve as the primary leader responsible for creative sales development strategies such as EPP, gift cards, special promotions, loyalty program, etc.
• Coordinate efforts between the store field teams and various divisions at Corporate
Store Implementation & Execution
• Provide expertise and leadership to all of the Stores to ensure functional excellence in execution
• Partner with the field teams to resolve store implementation and execution obstacles
• Represent Store Operations on IT projects and initiatives related to store processes and equipment, leveraging new technology for future initiatives
• Partner with the field teams and Audit Services to identify specific gap areas for operations and process improvements
• Determine the root cause of the identified gap and create action plans to remedy the problem
• Establish short term and long term action plans to improve the front end process and meet the standards
• Ensure store training materials, manuals, and tools are updated
• Provide communication to Stores and field leadership to ensure alignment with corporate strategies and execution requirements
• Ensure all company initiatives and processes are rolled out effectively and store capacity constraints taken into account
• Relevant business field or equivalent experience in a large-box retailer.
• 4-6 years store retail operations experience.
• Experience in all elements of general retailing, including merchandising, apparel, customer service, loss prevention, financial management, freight handling, and inventory control.
• Strong planning and organization skills.
• Proven track record in leading, coaching, building successful teams, and developing leaders.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a large, corporate environment.
• Strong problem solving skills to act decisively in identifying problems and developing solutions.
• Strong organization and time management skills to plan projects, monitor progress and results, and intervene to change direction if necessary.
• Outstanding negotiator and collaborator with key high level organization contacts
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient with computer and software tools to optimize performance; working record of using Word, Excel, Power Point, Retek, and Store Systems (Radios, POS, Cash Office).
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, & a comprehensive benefits package!
Individuals interested in this opportunity should submit a candidate profile at www.shopko.com/careers
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.
Shopko is a $3 Billion company with over 18,000 teammates. In the retail and retail health business for more than 50 years, we have over 300...