This is a full-time, temporary position in our Central Stores and Receiving areas. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Scheduled work hours are 8:00-4:30 M-F
- Receive goods delivered to Northern Illinois University's Central Receiving area, and process those receipts promptly for either warehouse storage or immediate re-delivery.
- Fill orders received from university departments for resale stock of food, office supplies, etc. Pack and label filled orders for pick-up or re-delivery on campus by others.
- Assist in performing as necessary periodic physical inventories.
- Perform necessary housekeeping tasks as assigned.
- Assist Distribution Services with moving and delivery of items as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This position requires by the nature of the work, to perform extensive lifting for varying lengths of time, of cartons, boxes, furniture, and equipment which may individually exceed 75 lbs. each. This work is a normal part of the receiving, unloading, warehousing, packing, and order filling functions.
Employees are expected to relate cooperatively and courteously with co-workers, customers, representatives from other university departments, and supervisory personnel. Employees must be able to communicate clearly and effectively and must display a professional and positive customer service attitude at all times.
This is a security-sensitive position. Before any offer of employment is made, the University will conduct a pre-employment criminal background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
Previous warehouse experience. Previous work experience using warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, pallet jacks, dollies. Certified forklift operator a plus.
Send letter of application to:
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
Please note: Current NIU students carrying 6 credit hours or more are not eligible for extra help employment.
Northern Illinois University - 11 months ago