Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products as required.
• Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to move, gathered, or distributed.
• Determines the quantities of stock needed to replenish departments' supplies.
• Fills requisitions from stock in storage area.
• Fills work orders, requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes to procurement clerks to process properly.
• Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Prepares parcels for mailing including packing supplies in cartons and delivering to requisitioning department.
• Packs, crates, and prepares bills of lading for outgoing shipments.
• Assists w/ incoming calls from vendors, end users, and other Material Services personnel regarding delivery and receipt questions.
• Contacts vendors, end users and/or accounts payable concerning damaged, partial, incomplete or incorrect shipments.
• Returns supplies and equipment for credit or repair.
• Resolves problems relating to the ordering, receiving, and distribution of materials by contacting requisitioning and regional departments.
• Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
• Marks materials w/ identifying information.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
• Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
• Restocks departments' supply closets.
• Handles inventories department supplies.
• Records amounts and condition of materials or items received or distributed.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution w/in plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Maintains inventory records.
• Uses computer to enter records, and other automated and manual systems.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
• No supervisory responsibilities.
• Six (6) months of experience as a Storekeeper I, or six (6) months of experience as a Storekeeper in another organization.
• High school diploma/GED.
• Valid California Drivers License.
• Basic familiarity w/ computerized data entry.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
• Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
• Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Kaiser Permanente - 21 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...