Strategic Account Manager - Brands
We are looking for a strong leader to contribute to a highly strategic and creative Brand Account Management team, with an emphasis on creating impactful and executable integrated marketing programs. The Account Manager will thrive in a very fast-paced and creative environment and be rewarded and held accountable for results.
The Active Network is the leading online destination for those with healthy, athletic lifestyles! Thousands of race directors in the endurance industry today use our event planning tools to help make their races more profitable and help them avoid time-consuming tasks and get more registrations with our online software and support. This role falls in the Consumer Products Group, which focuses on providing brands access to active lifestyle consumers across all of ACTIVE’s vertical markets (endurance and more!) through innovative marketing programs.
Our company culture truly reflects the active lifestyle. Our dress is casual and relaxed – but our environment is full of self-driven achievers with strong track records of success in the corporate sphere. In short, we work hard and we play hard – in a very team oriented environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategic Ideation & New Business Provision (50%)
Client / Account Management (25%)
- Support and collaborate with assigned Account Executives to provide highly strategic insights and program ideation around proactive client proposals and RFP responses
- Define the opportunity, problem and solution and develop the strategy, platform elements and media plan recommendations for integrated, multi-platform digital + experiential programs that represent ACTIVE’s best-in-class programs
- Work with internal stakeholders to vet innovative new media + marketing packages to meet client objectives and bookings + revenue goals
- Provide Account Executives with consultation and direction for pricing, inventory access and suggested program elements for all media + marketing assets
- Conduct ongoing Account and Opportunity Reviews collaboratively with Account Executives to analyze new, upsell and renewal business opportunities
- Report Opportunities and Pipeline for accounts assigned to Account Executives
- Second chair meetings with AE team as the subject matter expert in market with clients
- Ongoing research, networking and professional development to refine skillset, industry knowledge and relationship building
Execution & Operations (25%)
- Provide exceptional client service, owning primary day-to-day relationship with brand and/or agency
- Manage program timeline, deliverables, budget, reporting and communications for integrated media + marketing programs
- Understand client needs and objectives to uncover upsell and renewal opportunities
- Act as intermediary between client and internal stakeholders to successfully implement program elements and address client needs
- Manage program scope changes or adjustments with client
- Manage execution of all program elements for media + marketing campaigns
- Work with Ad Operations to provide client assets, launch campaign, optimize, manage reallocation recommendations and approvals, assess inventory and delivery reports and garner reporting and recaps
- Work with Experiential Operations to execute offline programs, including pulling lists, sorting access, allocating samples, logging compliance, budget management, obtaining vendor quotes and recruitment
- Liaise with internal product stakeholders to manage execution and development needs
- Proactively plan, anticipate potential issues and independently undertake steps to improve program performance. Modify campaign implementation based on direct client requests.
- Track and report program performance regularly through accurate management of revenue recognition, accruals and invoices for all assigned programs, as it relates to program execution
- Manage creative concepting and production development with internal design team and external vendors
- Review contracts, insertion orders and service orders to confirm accuracy and execute against contracted deliverables.
- Own success of campaign against contract goals and deliverables and manage to program budget
- Understanding and management of bookings and revenue implications against program deliverables
- Responsible for campaign recap presentation, reporting and recommendations
- Experience in building and driving $2-5M+ annually in Media and Experiential revenue
- 5+ years of experience in account management, consulting, brand management, agency/promotion or experiential management
- Ideal candidate will possess an understanding and proven experience and success in developing integrated marketing programs, including online advertising and event marketing
- Bachelor’s in business or sales/marketing
- Very strong written communication skills
- An entrepreneurial thinker
- Exceptional people and management skills to interact with team, colleagues and cross-functional teams and customers.
- Agency Experience preferred
The Active Network, Inc - 14 months ago