Strategic Business Associate
The Intel Media Strategy & Business Development team is currently searching for a high potential candidate to join its team as an Associate (Business Associate).
The backgrounds within the Strategy & Business Development team include consulting firms McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company as well as with media and consumer electronics companies Apple, Sony, Yahoo!, and the BBC. As an Associate, you will be focused on Business Strategy and by comparison with traditional strategy consulting work, your work here will be more hands-on. Potential projects include strategic performance management, customer and competitive intelligence, international expansion, and M&A. You can expect to work closely with both the business' functional leaders as well as on-the-ground do'ers and influencers in a fun and collaborative environment.
This role prepares Associates for business school, direct promotion to Strategy Manager, or the opportunity to work in another line role within Intel Media. This role is a great fit for those exploring future careers in Marketing, Product Management / Product Marketing, Business Development, and/or Entrepreneur within the high-tech space.
Behavioral traits desired for this position include:
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to strategic initiatives; communicate insights and synthesize conclusions into recommendations
- Build models (Excel) as part of business, market, M&A, and other strategic initiative analysis
- Develop and deliver impactful presentation materials (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Drive analysis and some operationalization where applicable for specific initiatives with moderate direction and oversight, including potentially:
- Supporting the development and implementation of the business strategic management processes
- Analyzing macro, market, and competitors and helping to develop the capability within each of our functional groups
- Supporting international expansion assessment / recommendation, planning, and organizational implications
- Identifying and evaluating potential merger and acquisition candidates
- Assessing and developing recommendations for cross-group business imperatives
- Passion for media and consumer electronics
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong team player with excellent relationship and leadership capabilities
- Highest personal and professional values
- Superior written and oral communications
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years relevant work experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm or a corporate / business unit strategy department
- 2 years experience of advanced quantitative aptitude and problem solving capabilities; ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple projects with minimal to moderate direction
- 2 years experience in business software, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
USA-California, Santa Clara
Oct 21, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...