Title: Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Manager - IT Outsourcing
Location: United States-New York-New York
Job Number: 13008982
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Xerox Healthcare Provider Solutions (HPS) is the foremost provider of consulting, application delivery, and IT and Business Process Outsourcing to the healthcare industry. Our full suite of healthcare services help our clients implement the technologies and best practices that will lead them to clinical transformation and financial improvement. Xerox HPS has serviced more than 4,000 clients in all 50 states and throughout the world. Our clients include hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and other providers of care; payers and health plans; life sciences and technology firms and federal government agencies.
Xerox HPS has a full-time employment opportunity for aStrategic Business Unit(SBU) Managerto support our New York City based client.
The SBU Manager has overall responsibility for the delivery of fullInformation Technology Outsourcingservices to Client called out under the contract between Xerox and Client. This includes oversight and management of the Xerox team and day-to-day operations as well as overall responsibility for the Client relationship and account (i.e. service delivery, operations, IT, HR, etc.). The primary responsibilities of the SBU Manager are to ensure customer satisfaction, execute service delivery in accordance with the client contract, operate the unit in accordance with the SBU budget and manage specific technical functions of this group as well.
The SBU Manager will lead a team of managers and technical professionals who have responsibility for specific areas of service delivery in addition to being responsible for an individual service delivery tower.
The person acts as the technical leader of this group and typically utilizes management skills as well as technical skills. This position requires strong technical, communication and management skills and extensive experience in managing the operations of a technical service delivery team.
The duties and qualification requirements for the role of Client SBU Manager are as follows:
Client Interface & Support Duties:
- Acts as the principal client contact.
- Directs and manages the daily operations of Xerox SBU team in support of client needs.
- Accomplishes objectives and priorities set in conjunction with Client by leading and managing staff and assuring execution of planned activities and agreed upon services to be delivered.
- Manages day-to-day interaction with client leadership.
- Communicates effectively with client to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Assures compliance with all client operating policies and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Supports client in the establishment of strategic goals and associated plans to meet them.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge, keeping abreast of current trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Reviews and resolves issues affecting Company compliance, legal requirements and client objectives
- All other duties as assigned
Specific Technical Functions Managed, May Include:
- Voice Systems
- Data Centers
- Server Management
- Help Desk Administration
- Desktop Support
- Systems & Storage Engineering, Administration and Support
- Applications Support
Core Competency Requirements:
- Facilitates team meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with team.
- Keeps team well informed of changes within the organization and general news.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Relays relevant IT-related information to the client and Xerox in a timely manner.
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Serves as main point of contact on all IT-related matters at Client.
- Responds/acts on Client and Xerox management direction.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Identifies and provides standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reports information to client management.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through formal channels.
- Helps team execute career development plans & training.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by the job.
- Encourages more junior staff to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each staff member’s career interests.
- Inspires coworkers and staff to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
A strong technical background in IT is a requirement for this position. The successful candidate must have a broad working knowledge of Information Technologies, IT Project Management and the ability to participate and advise the client CIO and IT leadership in setting strategic IT direction and then be able to carry out the tasks associated with implementing IT strategies and a wide variety of Information Technologies.
- Currently reside in a daily commutable distance to Lower Manhattan, NYC. Will consider a remote candidate that can travel frequently to Lower Manhattan.
- 10 years of experience with information technology implementations & management, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- 5 years of experience in an IT management role
- Extensive experience in managing service delivery and client relationships in an IT function
- Experience providing leadership of large, diverse project teams and working with physicians, nursing, hospital administration and other hospital groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information or Engineering from an accredited College or University or Equivalent Experience required
- Master’s Degree in business, computer science, engineering or health care related field preferred
Xerox Business Services, LLC and its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Services may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual/work from home?
Xerox Corporation - 6 months ago
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...