Strategic Communications Manager - Media Relations
Job ID: : 25818
Department: : Corp Communications
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : M-F, business hours
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Strategic Communications Manager - Media Relations. This Strategic Communications Manager will provide strategic communications counsel and support for the HealthPartners family of organizations. Support business priorities through the development and implementation of enterprise-wide media relations strategies. Shape HealthPartners reputation by leading internal and external efforts to educate employees and the public on key issues and initiatives. Supervise and provide work direction to communications staff.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Key roles, responsibilities & functions for this position) (For supervisory position -- indicate positions/departments supervised)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications needed for this position)
- Partners with senior leadership and various departments to set overall communications strategy and direction.
- Serves as key advisor and counselor for media relations for the organization.
- Responsible for identifying best practices and other proactive measures to enhance HealthPartners reputation and awareness internally and externally.
- Develops and executes all aspects of communication plans, including the establishment and management of budgets, and supervision of internal staff and external vendors who are key to success.
- Coordinates work with the overall marketing division to leverage resources and provide maximum support for the organization.
- Supervises communications staff, including performance reviews, work quality reviews, and provides work direction.
- Oversees media monitoring and measurement.
- Collaborates with government relations on the development and execution of public policy communications on a national and state level.
- Leads crisis communications and issues management strategies and tactics.
- As part of the broader Communications team, provides media relations leadership and support, including 24-hour on-call responsibilities as required, researching and coaching leaders or other people speaking on behalf of the organization and acting as a resource in interview situations.
- Supports other key business areas as needed.
- Serves as senior level editor/writer for communications materials.
- Participates in other Communications priorities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English or Communications or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent media relations skills
- Strong decision-making and judgment
- Supervisory skills
- Planning and budgeting skills
- Strong customer service/relationship-building skills
- Seven to ten years of experience in strategic communications, including media relations, communications planning and internal and external communications implementation.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
DECISION-MAKING: (What rules or precedents limit the activities and authority of this position What types of problems or decisions are referred to the supervisor)
- Previous experience in health care field.
- Senior executive level communications support
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care and we offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID #25818.
- Accountable for preparing and managing annual budget, in conjunction with Director.
- Accountable for supervising staff and reviewing performance.
- Accountable for hiring staff, in conjunction with Director.
- Serves as spokesperson for the organization when appropriate.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...