A member of the Digitaria Strategic Planning Group; the primary function of the Strategic Planner is to leverage industry and customer insights and best in class digital media strategies to develop strategic projects and initiatives that align with client goals. This position will act as an in-house resource who can provide insight to internal and external industry factors. This director will be familiar in all verticals of the digital industry. They will inform the company of opportunity, vision, framework and solution for digital occupancy. The strategic director has the ability to organize, make sense of, and communicate all moving pieces in the digital puzzle.
Responsible for collaborating with internal team members and C-level clients to execute solutions that may include, research, insights, timelines, organizational structure, optimization, roadmap development, digital forecasts, etc. This position has the opportunity to serve on one or more accounts, brands and take on additional work as possible. The director can also assist in business development work, supplying insight to proposal preparation and sales decks.
Additionally, they will provide day to day program leadership and be accountable for achieving Client campaign objectives for scope, quality, timing and budget, while ensuring that final strategic vision is realized.
Equipped with strong interpersonal communication skills as a team player–the Strategic Director aides in the coordination of the efforts of the Creative, Multimedia, Production, Analytics, Search and Technology teams to effectively deliver upon all contracted campaign deliverables and client expectations.
Skills and Requirements:
The Strategic Director should have strong experience and familiarity with the following:
- Lead the digital strategy direction with a focus in business development, financial modeling, innovative digital experiences and digital solutions.
- Work with clients to identify solutions that meet the digital needs of the customer.
- Research, gather and evaluate qualitative data and competitive spend data to identify the role of digital within the client’s business and deliver these insights in a compelling and digestable way.
- Analyze digital performance with products, markets, audiences and channels, test digital solutions with detailed analysis and financial modeling before implementing suggested model.
- Keep executive team informed on strategic considerations and suggested digital innovations.
- Identify interdepartment and cross-channel opportunities, and offer vision of the ideal digital client experience.
- Provide strategic insight, recommendations, workshops, brainstorm sessions, etc. to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Build and manage strong working relationships with business decision makers at the C-level of the client organization.
- Assert a leadership role in working with client partners, identifying business opportunities, creating RFP responses and pitching new business.
- Build strategy team expertise and reputation by providing mentorship opportunities to junior team members, training and techniques.
- Collaborate with analytics team and other internal teams to generate comprehensive results analysis reports for clients/account teams
- Maintain constant communications with creative, production and analytic departments within our clients' and partners' organizations.
- Actively seek and share knowledge of the latest media trends/events.
- Maintain solid working relationships with clients, internal partners and media reps.
- Prior experience is required; (10 plus years of internet, marketing, management, or consulting experience, at least 7 years focused exclusively on the digital space).
- Expert knowledge of the digital space: online advertising, online strategy, basic technology issues.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and applying secondary research.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative research data/results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills–augmented by strong presentation skills.
- Must know how to develop and manage a budget.
- Extremely organized, detail‐oriented and capable of self‐managing and multi‐tasking in a fast‐paced environment.
- Excellent problem‐solving skills, ability to quickly understand new technology concepts.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PPT, and Microsoft Project.
- Bachelor's degree.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
Digitaria provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and 401k. This position is located in our Minneapolis Office.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy, flexibility and a sense of humor in a constantly evolving business environment.
- Ability to build relationships, both with clients and internal team members.
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving abilities.
- A strong work ethic and career orientation; wants to learn, develop and attain new skill sets and improve.
- Values others and acts with integrity and respect.
- Ability to confront challenges or problems directly and honestly; must be able to handle difficult situations and conversations with grace.
- Ability to facilitate.
- Ability to think and act appropriately “on their feet.”
- Has the ability to handle numerous assignments at once; is organized and thorough with professional follow through.
- Displays professional “polish”; executive presence and confidence.
Digitaria - 11 months ago