We answer the central marketing questions. Questions about market, equity, positioning, innovation and communications. Answers which require insight, creativity and rigour. Questions big. Questions small. Answers which inspire action. It’s what our clients value. It’s what we add.
We provide consultancy on brand development and marketing insight for iconic brands, both big and small, around the world. Many of our clients are Fortune 500 companies, such as AT&T, Microsoft, Ford, HSBC, Allianz, and P&G, but we also work with start-ups and challenger brands too. Our physical footprint extends over 22 offices in 14 countries, but our experience spreads across 150 markets worldwide and across all industry sectors.
Our vision is to become the inspiration behind the world's most iconic brands. And to do this, we need to attract and develop the most inspiring people in the industry.
We are always keen to hear from marketers, qualitative and quantitative researchers, semioticians, ethnographers and cultural insight people who share our ambition. We also need IT, Finance, HR and Operations professionals who can help us get there. People who make things happen. For our clients. And for our own business.
But that's just what they do in the office. We need people who are equally as passionate about their lives outside of work. People you'd enjoy sitting next to on a train, or a plane, or an automobile.
**This position can be based out of Added Value's San Francisco, CA or New York City
, NY office**
This individual will act as a multicultural team lead, effectively mentoring junior team members, and supporting efforts in developing and disseminating thought leadership in the Hispanic marketing arena.
Project Scoping & Management
- Moderating comfortably and effectively in Spanish and English
- Working with senior thought leaders to develop and communicate thought leadership and fresh perspectives in multicultural marketing
- Delivering successful Qualitative projects from pitch through project completion
- Recommending the appropriate qualitative research methodology (i.e. in-depth, group, online qualitative, ethnography, etc.), designing recruitment specifications, writing discussion guides, creating analysis templates, conducting focus groups and in-depth interviews etc.)
- Delivering successful Qualitative projects from pitch through client presentation
- Educating client and internal teams of the purpose of Qualitative research and devising approaches to straightforward & complex qualitative projects using current & evolving tools and methodologies
- Briefing the Operations Team appropriately and liaising with them throughout the project to ensure the highest quality of respondent participation, project management, and data
- Mentoring and managing more junior qualitative team members, especially junior multicultural team members
Qualitative Moderation & Interviewing
- Will expertly manage teams throughout qualitative process, including project setup, moderation, and client management, offering guidance to junior team members and proactively avoiding problems and crafting solutions
- Will see the potential in adjacencies, non-linear methods, and inspirational methods of data collection to scope creative approaches and set up projects for creative insight
- Will take local and global client briefs with minimal guidance, confidently writing proposals and costing complex projects efficiently and profitably. Will design appropriate methodology for projects and sign off on methodology and sample structure with client.
- Will have theoretical knowledge of full AV offer, understand and facilitate how Multicultural, Qual, Quant, CI, Brand components integrate within a project.
Qualitative Distilling & Delivering Inspiration
- Will display resourcefulness & experience as a moderator / interviewer. Must be able to adapt the process and handle difficult situations. Will have the ability to work with clients in-field to identify clients’ perspectives on salient insights without committing to specific insights prematurely.
- Will moderate easily, comfortably, and effectively in English and Spanish
- Will call on a wide range of moderation techniques, projective techniques, and other tools. Must support process of thinking about developing the techniques further.
- Will be a confident ethnographer – intuitive about people in their environments, picking up nuances or discrepancies in what people say vs what they do.
- Will bring established multicultural point of view to moderation and interviewing, leveraging a deep understanding of the needs, experiences, and expectations of consumers along all points of the acculturation spectrum
- Will carry out detailed analysis, drawing on existing points of view within topic area and adjacent categories. Will identify both findings and creative insights – which we believe are different from one another. Must bring more than just what was said on the topic to bear on identifying insights
- Will co-ordinate analysis input from all members of the project (local and global) and identify the patterns for analysis. Will need to bring a point of view on the key insights and recommendations to internal and client analysis sessions and workshops
- Will design analysis sessions and workshops (where applicable) and take responsibility for facilitating these in a way that captures contribution from internal and client teams
- Must work with senior team (incl. global) to outline story flow for complex analysis
- Will be responsible for writing majority of insights debrief, with occasional senior input, and can use schematics, analogies, etc to tell the story
- Will facilitate a variety of meeting types, including internal brainstorming, analysis worksessions, client meetings and workshops.
- Will project manage workshops spanning multiple days or single days
- Will facilitate or co-facilitate external client workshops, depending on size, managing tricky individual participants, potential political situations, client agendas, etc. throughout the process.
- Bachelors degree
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Minimum 8+ years qualitative experience; in particular focus group moderating experience
- Prior experience addressing CPG clients’ brand and shopper insights needs as they relate to Hispanic consumers in the US
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Prior experience with multicultural marketing
- Previous experience mentoring junior level staff
Kantar Careers - 12 months ago