ATMI is a global leader in the development of process solutions for the semiconductor and life sciences industries. Whether it’s a green chemistry used in flash memory manufacturing, game-changing equipment for the safe delivery of toxic ion implant gases, or a revolutionary mixing system for the manufacturing of pharmaceutical compounds, ATMI is leading the way. We combine broad expertise in science and engineering with the latest tools and technologies enabling rapid development and scale-up of new solutions to meet the needs of today’s high-technology marketplace. ATMI promotes a culture that engages employees and fosters growth and development, while offering compensation programs that reward outstanding performance.
ATMI’s Core Values revolve around its employee’s ability to ACT IT :
Be Accountable for your work and responsibilities.
Always works towards Continuous Process Improvement .
Be prepared to Teach and lead the organization to achieve new levels of success.
Always act with Integrity .
Maximize the value of Teamwork
ATMI is seeking a dynamic Strategic Finance Manager who will be the lead finance business partner supporting the CTO and SVP of Business Development in regards to potential deal analysis, new market assessment and start-up management of new ventures.
You will work closely with business leaders on operational and strategic plans, playing a highly visible role within the organization. Your influence and control will be largely exerted via cross-functional team participation.
This challenging role will require a detailed understanding of all aspects of the business and the ability to drive alignment across multiple functions and business groups. This position offers unique career growth opportunities as part of the Corporate Finance team in Danbury, CT.
- Act as lead financial partner for ATMI Business Development team;
- Analyze key financial and operational performance data to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Support strategic investment decisions via active involvement in the evaluation process including financial & business case analysis, market analysis, risk management and contract negotiation and structuring;
- Design and implement processes to ensure that the cost structures to manufacture or source new products are accurately and timely reflected in our new product business models;
- Facilitate resource allocation discussions in support of new business initiatives to ensure alignment with the strategic and financial objectives of the organization;
- Support the development of the Strategic Plan for new business initiatives sponsored by the business development team;
- Partner with Business development and the Chief Technology Officer to ensure clear financial understanding of our new business initiatives;
- Partner with the Finance Team to identify new accounting transactional flows as part of merger integration, product development and/or changes in manufacturing strategies;
- Conduct due diligence on potential acquisition / investment targets;
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
Successful candidates will typically have the following skill set:
To be successful in the role and at ATMI you will need:
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA/CMA highly preferred;
- Financial analysis experience, including financial/business modeling, variance analysis and budgeting;
- Demonstrated experience supporting business development activities;
- Exceptional MS Excel skills along with a solid comfort level using software systems and databases;
- Excellent math, analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Unparalleled ability to dig deep into the details but present high level findings to business partners.
No phone calls, please. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
- Intense desire to succeed on both a company and personal level;
- Ability to think creatively and critically about problems;
- Ability and desire to take initiative and get things started when there may be no established path;
- Capability of influencing others in a global, cross-functional organization.
Essential functions are the primary job responsibilities which an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description as well as to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job changes.
ATMI - 15 months ago
Entegris, a leader in contamination control and critical materials handling and ATMI, a leader in advanced materials and material delivery...