Strategic Market Intelligence (SMI) Analyst - Banking and Capital Markets
This senior analyst will work directly with the EY Americas’ Banking & Capital Markets sector and account leadership, providing sound analytical insights, which will support Ernst & Young in its go-to-market initiatives.
This involves interacting with leadership and account teams to initiate, scope and deliver perspectives that will enhance Ernst & Young’s brand in the market.
This is a new role, and will require frequent interaction with senior banking partners in the Americas practice, key account teams and an integrated team of analysts in the Americas and across the globe. The analyst will be responsible for a portfolio of large US-based banking institutions. The position also demands a contribution to developing strategic thought leadership and market insight, particularly at the key account level.
The role combines strong analytical skills with sound networking abilities, working across assigned account teams, using strategic analysis to inform practitioners with timely and relevant perspectives in a rapidly changing banking world. The analyst will also be expected to help identify new business opportunities for the firm based on their industry understanding, and by mapping key issues to the firm’s product solutions.
In collaboration with the Banking & Capital Markets SMI Team Leader, this individual will also network with other parts of the EY Knowledge community (including other sector focused SMI’s), to ensure global consistency in account and sector support. The analyst will work hand in hand with an assigned Knowledge Advisor, using already established relationships, and helping build new relationships across those account teams.
Essential functions of the job:
- Leverage a deep knowledge and understanding of the banking industry and work in conjunction with assigned account teams to prepare insightful analysis on trends and the implications of those trends for EY and the firm’s clients.
- Develop insights beyond publicly available information by interacting with account teams, clients and BCM sector influencers. Participate in client meetings, roundtables and other events.
- Participate in key strategic planning activities and major initiatives, including pursuits. Focus on mapping sector issues to existing EY services and identifying new revenue opportunities for the firm.
- Collaborate with coordinating partners and account teams to bring insight and perspective to priority engagements and build strong relationships with priority accounts. Proactively alert global client serving partners regarding tactical and strategic changes amongst key accounts, and assess the impact of those changes for assigned banking groups.
Analytical/decision making responsibilities:
- Superior ability to analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources and develop a compelling point of view that drives results.
- Talented at understanding multiple business drivers
- Confidence in developing a point of view, recommendations and insights regarding the future outlook of the industry. Skilled in identifying trends that will translate into key market-facing initiatives for the firm.
- Demonstrate an ability to use quantitative methodologies to review data inputs to produce analytic insights.
- Adept at implementing strategically sound analytic methodologies and skilled in coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills.
- Excellent teamwork, relationship-building and leadership skills, and an ability to operate within a virtual team. Must be able to work with, motivate, and cultivate a high-performance teaming environment with analysts and researchers in a global, multi-cultural and virtual environment.
- May be asked to serve as counselor or mentor to less experienced or lower ranking analysts and specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Advanced degree or related experience preferred
- 10+ years experience in strategy, business analysis, management consulting, or business performance advising with banks – either in-house or as a consultant
Knowledge and skills requirements:
' needs and concerns; ability to respond with a sense of urgency
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic rich style
Ability to take ownership for delivering projects with a high degree of autonomy.
Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
Occasional travel required (global)
- Good knowledge of the U.S banking industry, with deep understanding and experience of at least one or more sub-sectors within the Industry (eg investment banking, wealth management, retail, corporate)
- Comfortable with big picture thinking, able to think and articulate a point-of-view
- Considerable experience working at a senior level in a fast moving client-driven environment
- Strong executive-level presentation skills; demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of account leadership as well as clients at a senior level
- Understanding of internal customers and external clients
Ernst & Young - 13 months ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...