Strategic Senior Sourcing Manager- IT/Technology
Responsible for partnering and building business relationships with various business units within their respective commodity areas of concentration and to develop, validate and implement commodity and sourcing strategies that align with business objectives. Works closely with internal stakeholders to establish requirements, craft optimal sourcing strategies for commodities with high spend levels, high strategic importance and/or commodities which require strong business relationships with senior-level peers in the business. Develops, deploys and manages comprehensive commodity sourcing strategies (based on the 6 Step Sourcing Process and Total Cost of Ownership principles) that support the company’s business strategies. Works closely with external suppliers/partners, leads sourcing events and contract negotiations to enhance shareholder value, manage supplier risk and achieve lowest total cost of ownership.
- Develop the commodity strategy and drive execution with business partners
- Develop and maintain deep expertise in the commodity; analyze trends and dynamics of supply markets
- Develop understanding of the current commodity activity within the company and determine opportunities to drive value
- Compile commodity profile details such as supplier pricing, performance, volume forecasts, design specifications
- Proactively engage project teams early in planning of major projects to understand requirements and develop plans/strategies
- Develop and execute RFI, RFP and Auctions
- Develop negotiation strategy and lead contract negotiations
- Work with business and functional areas to establish supplier performance targets and goals
- Coordinate development of select suppliers and monitor their performance
Position is an individual contributor role with IT/Technology Category sourcing responsibilities. Amount of annual spend covered by this major strategic sourcing space is in the hundreds of million dollar range.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree. 8-12 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing or Commodity Management with concentration in Technology. 8+ years of experience in roles which included significant sourcing and financial management responsibilities in managing large spend, complex commodities and executing contractual agreements. Ability to successfully apply organizational change management principles to change efforts (both large and small). Demonstrates a strategic business perspective; understands commodity strategy design in support of the company’s business strategies and goals. Significant knowledge of commodities (available goods and services) within their area of Strategic Sourcing discipline. Understands spend analytics and cost benefit analysis approaches to enable the modification and/or deployment of new goods and services throughout the enterprise. Strong leadership and relationship management skills with ability to work with a diverse workforce and drive results through collaborative partnerships. Demonstration of excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Master's degree. ISM Certification or other relevant professional designation. Specific commodity experience and skill set.
Job: Procurement (Strategic Sourcing)
Primary Location: Tucker, GA
YP - 12 months ago
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...