Omnicom Media Group (OMG) is the media services division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company, providing services to over 2,500 clients in more than 72 countries. Omnicom Media Group includes the full service media networks OMD and PHD as well as a number of specialty media communications companies.
We are currently looking for a Media Planner for our OMD Latino group in the SF office. The Media Planner provides the client with the most effective media plan recommendation to insure that the client’s goals are met. He/she must be the day-to-day steward on assigned brands. The Planner is required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of their clients’ business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities may include :
Candidates should have a minimum of one year of media planning experience. Candidates must have strong excel, verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail is critical. In addition, candidates should be bilingual in the Spanish language. Prior Hispanic agency experience is a plus.
- Manage Assistant Media Planner through the fundamentals of the planning process.
- Provide point-of-view on various media in the marketplace
- Create media plan recommendations and alternatives
- Select media vehicles and determine scheduling
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace
- Execute the media plan
- Measure media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met
- Respond to the flow of client media-related issues. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems
- Ensure a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences
- Handle any client requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, provide marketplace information