RadioBDC is seeking an energetic, dependable, outgoing, and professional individual, to represent Boston’s only live hosted, streaming alternative station. Does promoting the station at chic clubs, trendy bars, VIP events and at Boston’s biggest concert venues sound like a night out that you want to get paid for? How about getting paid to hit the slopes at New England’s top ski resorts this winter? If you love talking to people, listening to RadioBDC, and don’t like to sit behind a desk then this could be the perfect part-time job for you.
Reporting to the Sales & Promotions Coordinator for RadioBDC.
- Represent the radio station and company alike at retails stores, community events, bars, nightclubs, concert venues, ski areas, etc.
- Load and unload station vehicles before and after events.
- Manage station guest lists at station VIP parties, private concerts and signature events.
- Execute events from start to finish (coordinate with on-site contact(s), hang banners, oversee station prizes and giveaways, assist DJs, take pictures, set up and break down sound systems, tables, tents, etc.)
- Professionally interact with listeners, clients while maintaining a friendly, upbeat demeanor.
- Distribute flyers and promotional gear throughout the city, including at college campuses, concert venues, beaches and community events.
- Regular and timely attendance, plus weekly communication with Promotions Coordinator and entire Street Team.
- Receive and respond to incoming telephone calls and e-mails, respond to routine questions and requests.
- Professional demeanor required at all times, able to meet deadlines, works well under stressful situations.
- Attend monthly staff meetings with promotions Street Team.
- Entertain a crowd in public with games, music and trivia.
- Be creative with games and contests to engage listeners and clients.
- Provide Promotions Coordinator with recaps and pictures from every remote and event within 48 hours of event.
- Help maintain promotional equipment (vehicles, tents, sound systems, tool boxes, prize boxes, etc.).
- Brand and market the station.
- Follows instructions as well as take steps necessary to prevent mistakes.
- Follow well-defined procedures.
College graduate preferred. Prior promotional and or marketing experience a plus. Experience in dealing with large crowds. Experience in entertaining people. Avid skier or snowboarder preferred, but not required. Applicants must have a passion for alternative music, extensive knowledge of RadioBDC and must be tech-savvy. Additionally, the candidate should have a comprehensive understanding of digital media. Working hours and locations vary based on promotional schedule. This is a part-time entry-level position.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong internal client service skills.
- Willingness to spend ample time outdoors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self starter, highly motivated to excel with minimal supervision.
- Flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have valid drivers license, clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older due to some events taking place in age-restricted bars, clubs and
The Boston Globe is wholly owned by the New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading, global multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
Boston.com is one of the most visited regional portals in the U.S. and is wholly owned by The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
EEO Statement: The Boston Globe is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The Boston Globe is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company
- 3 years ago - save job