Req ID: 4501
Experienced draftsperson/technician able to set up, organize and coordinate structural drawing submittals and report graphics for the US Military, Municipal, Port and Private Clients. Production drafting formatted to Client required Drawing Standards working from engineering sketches, as-built drawings and field notes. Participation in field investigation, collection, organization and control of field measurements of existing structures.
- Minimum 4 years drafting experience in building structural or waterfront structural design
- Experience using AutoCAD 2010 or newer version
- Ability to travel for occasional field investigation work
- Good written and oral communication skills
· General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Associates degree or Technical School Certificate in a related field
- Experience or training with REVIT
1. Operation of computer-aided drafting input station using digitizer, console units, disk storage and preprogrammed material to develop finished drawings.
2. Knowledge of Windows environment to develop finished drawings.
3. Analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine best approach to complex drawing with knowledge of drawings connection to the remaining plan set.
4. Works independently with occasional advice from supervisor.
5. Able to use all drafting tools, both on computer and with manual drafting supplies.
6. Plots maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to buildings, retaining walls, tunnels, overhead power lines, and other structures.
7. Drafts detailed drawings of structures and installations such as roads, culverts, fresh water supply, sewage disposal systems, dikes, wharfs, breakwaters and buildings such as hangars, administration and maintenance facilities.
8. Access drawings and contract documents in order to best represent company through application of risk management skills.
9. Computes volume of tonnage for excavation and fills and prepares graphs and hauling diagrams used in earthmoving operations.
10. Understand relation between plan, elevation, profile, section drawings and schedules such as room finish, area and doors
11. Progresses from simple to moderately complex projects under general supervision.
12. Ability to interpret and use given standards of drafting, calculation, file management.
Work Environment –
Travel requirements: Up to 10%
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate, however when on site may be very loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position may require some travel to offices and client sites within their respective area, using various modes of transportation including automobile and airline. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
TranSystems - 5 months ago