Structural Engineer - Stair & Platform Design
Louisiana - New Orleans Metro
Email this job
Our client, a Diversified Global Manufacturing firm, has an immediate need for a Structural Engineer for its Commercial and Industrial Applications Division at its Headquarters in New Orleans, LA. The scope of this role has a primary focus on the design and composition of customized Stair, Walkway, and Platform solutions in plant and manufacturing settings.
Responsibilities of this role include :
- Develop Stair and Platform designs effectively employing Seismic, Wind and Load analysis.
- Determine design requirements through the review of Architectural drawings and renderings.
- Review and Monitor Building Codes and propose changes as necessary.
- Perform STAAD analysis on products and customer designs.
- Effectively collaborate with third party firms and Engineers on projects requiring PE Stamps.
- Engage both designers and customer service to assure client needs are being fulfilled and structural requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will have no less than 3 years of experience in a Civil or Structural Engineering function with direct experience in the design and construction of Walkway Systems. Strong mechanical aptitude is essential and an Engineering Degree is required.
High Level Knowledge of:
This role offers a base Salary in the $60 to $70K range, depending on experience, with full benefits and a competitve Bonus structure.
- STAAD Analysis
- FEA Packages
- Project Management
- Construction – Stair & Platform
Jackson Noble - 18 months ago