WSP USA, an award winning and innovative multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm, has an opening for a CAD operator with extensive structural REVIT experience for our New York office. WSP USA works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
About the Job
The REVIT/CAD Operator is an imperative part of the design process. You will use Auto CAD and REVIT to generate structural drawings from schematic phase through to construction documents and other information necessary to make detailed drawings clear and complete.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Work under the direction of engineers and Project Managers to develop construction document packages
• Manipulate/translate various digital file formats in order to create useable CAD/Revit drawings
• Working with client FTP sites to download CAD drawings and Revit models together with project deliverable uploads
• Will work closely with Project Manager and Lead Revit/CAD specialist to review and meet project goals
• Assist in Revit development
• 2+ years’ experience in a Structural Engineering firm
• Experience detailing civil/structural drawings and plans
• Associate Degree and/or Trade School/Revit/AutoCAD Certification required
• BS degree in civil engineering preferred
• AutoCAD 2008-2013 proficient
• Revit 2011-2013 proficiency required.
• Understanding of basic drawing setup modeling technique and general knowledge of drafting standards
• Ability to quickly absorb and utilize company-specific techniques, standards and procedures
• Excellent Revit and CAD drafting skills and drawing aesthetics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Must have good follow through and self-implemented Quality Control measures
• Able to utilize MS Office, Adobe and Bluebeam package software would be useful
WSP USA offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more. WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website at www.wspgroup.com for more information.
WSP USA uses E-verify by the USCIS to verify that new hires are authorized to work in the United States
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in either PDF or Word format.
Wspgroup - 18 months ago