This position works closely with other Structuring Analysts to identify and to disaggregate commodity transactions into appropriate risk instruments (“building blocks”). This position will also coordinate with origination, finance and back office personnel as the facilitator of the deal evaluation and approval process (DEVA). This position requires familiarity with basic modeling techniques, aptitude for problem solving, willingness to master usage of risk systems, and ability to reconcile model results between model outputs.
- Prepare Weekly Management Report
- Update and prepare tables and graphs in Excel
- Update and create slides in PowerPoint
- Focus on accurate reporting and automation of Excel worksheets to extent possible
- Create reports as needed to address questions from Management
- Work with various groups to gather data
- Build spreadsheets in Excel to process data and display tables, graphs
- Present clear explanations of the information to answer questions, often in PowerPoint
- Model the value and risk of proposed investments and origination transactions
- Provide structuring support for complex and/or long-dated origination, trading, development and acquisition transactions
- Communicate business needs to programmers so they may develop and automate reports to our specifications
- Analyze large amounts of data and assist in the improvement of valuation models
- Adhere to effective internal controls
- Communicate in person and via email with top management on complex topics such as accounting for derivatives, trading strategies and option valuation
- Willingness to do limited cross-training with the rest of the Analysis and Reporting group to allow back-up during schedule conflicts
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Degree in business, engineering, finance, economics, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years direct experience in the energy industry and/or pricing and structuring energy commodity products.
- Proven experience in the setup and use of financial models
- Proven experience in analysis and manipulation of large data sets
- Ability to communicate technical and complex ideas in a clear and effective manner
- Ability to think creatively and offer imaginative solutions or approaches to problem
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, prioritizing each to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability and flexibility to work well under short deadlines
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment (trading floor)
- Very strong attention to details and a focus on accuracy
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of PowerPoint
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references, drug screen and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash.
- Advanced degree or quantitative degree in business, engineering, finance, economics, or related field
- Experience with databases, programming in VBA or other computer languages
- Some Spanish (2+ years in school)
Iberdrola Renewables - 30+ days ago
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...