The Student Accounts Coordinator/Bursar provides excellent service to students, families and staff while managing student accounts. Works collaboratively with the Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, Management Accounting and Student Services Departments to insure that all student accounts are accurately billed, collected and recorded in a timely manner. At the direction of the Dean of Operations, the Student Accounts Coordinator/Bursar also performs tasks related to the financial functioning of the College.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Establishes an account for each student enrolled at the College, oversees and reconciles all deposits of funds and payments.
2. Transfers billing data from the College's student information system and the Registrar's office to student accounts assuring that all data are accurate; collaborates with the Financial Aid Department on the electronic entry of financial aid awards on student accounts.
3. Assures that all student accounts are billed in a timely manner; manages student payment plans and deferred payment plans, and receives and correctly applies payments to accounts receivable; process refunds as applicable and acts proactively to clear overdue bills.
4. Provides excellent customer service to students, families and staff regarding student accounts or other College financial matters in a prompt and professional manner.
5. establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with the College's Registrar's Office, Financial Aid and Admissions Departments and the Medical Center's Management Accounting Department.
6. Ensures student accounts are maintained in compliance with State and Federal regulations: assists the Dean of Operations in securing College funds and minimizing bad debt, assigns past due bills to a collection agency for collection.
7. Provides daily reports to the Dean of Operations , Registrar and Financial Aid on deposits, accounts receivable, posted and pending financial aid, payment plans and delinquent balances.
8. Develops, ensures adherence to and maintains policies and procedures for the Bryan College of Health Sciences Business Office; establishes and complies with business operations systems for the College.
9. Determines application of sales tax laws to the various bills received.
10. Assures privacy of student records consistent with FERPA regulations.
11. Processes Federal income tax forms (1098's) related to student tuition and fees in a timely and accurate manner.
12. Maintains current knowledge of pertinent higher education regulations and guidelines.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. Minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible experience in managing financial accounts required. Prior experience in academia preferred.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 22 months ago