Full or Part Time
Number of Months
Traditional Schedule is Monday – Friday 8A – 5P
Extended hours will be required during peak processing times and some weekend work may be required.
Regular or Temporary Employment
Student Affairs Counselor I - Financial Aid/HOPE
Job Description Summary
Student Affairs Counselors works under the supervision of the Student Affairs Director for Financial Aid. Student Affairs Counselor I – Financial Aid/HOPE will be knowledgeable of a common core set of responsibilities for Admissions, Financial Aid, and Records which will allow them to assist students from admissions through degree completion.
• Monitor and maintain phone lines in the call que
• Counsel students through the admissions, financial aid, and records processes
• Send communique to students in regard to current status
• Grant admission into the college
• Award Financial Aid
• Guide students through D2L
• Inform students about registration events
• Indexing (when necessary)
• Monitors Student Affairs Chat
• Assists with Enrollment Support
• Runs Reports to maintain student status
• Hope Invoicing
• Hope Error Report
• Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge Required by the Position
• Quality customer service skills
• Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures related to admissions, financial aid, and records.
• Knowledge of computer and job-related software programs
• Knowledge of Ellucian Banner
• Skills in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solution
• Skills in oral and written communication
Student Affairs Director – Financial Aid supervises and reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of team activities for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the East Georgia State College Employee Handbook, state and federal regulations, the Higher Education Opportunity Act, The Official Code of Georgia, Institutional Catalog, Student Affairs policies and Board of Regents policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
Complexity/Scope of Work
• Frequent regulation changes along with the diverse backgrounds and situations presented by applicants contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide customer service support for East Georgia State College. Success in this position contributes to the efficient delivery of services to EGSC customers.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, parents, high school counselors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, motivate or influence persons.
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand enrollment management to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years of experience or service.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Experience using Ellucian Banner is preferred.
Posting Detail Information
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College (EGSC) is an associate and baccalaureate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Complete College Georgia
East Georgia State College strives to create and maintain a learning environment maximizing the opportunity for each student to succeed. Each individual student’s academic success is important. Accordingly, every employee of the college has a responsibility to carry out his/her position duties in a manner which enhances the learning environment and communicates that message to students each working day.
This position description describes the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition, each EGSC staff member has the responsibility to contribute as needed to other projects and initiatives to assure that EGSC carries out its mission and attains its vision. This may, from time to time, require active participation on committees or performance of other duties not specifically described in this position description.
Open Until Filled
An offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with East Georgia State College, as determined by East Georgia State College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials, and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please see the below "Institution Employment Link" to view a complete job description, create an application, and apply for the position.
Institution Employment Link:
CIP Discipline Code:
Financial Aid (Admin code)
The University System of Georgia - 4 months ago