This position has primary responsibility for coordinating and providing services to students wishing to receive services primarily through face-to-face interaction. The position will also develop skills and capacity to serve students virtually.
Activities will center around the following functional areas:
- Creating the best student experience possible.
- Providing and improving the array of Student Benefits
- Fostering solid relationships between students and Harrison College.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide concierge services to students.
2. Plan, coordinate, and supervise all student activities at the campus.
3. Plan and coordinate Community Service.
4. Create student communications (emails, newsletters, webinars, etc.).
5. Partner with campus leadership and staff to plan and implement commencement ceremonies.
6. Monitor and track attendance and grades for student follow-up.
7. Meet with and advise students placed on probation and/or suspension.
8. Advise students on survival skills (study tips, test-taking, time management, etc.).
9. Connect students to tutoring services.
10. Target resources for special populations (military, single mothers, etc.).
11. Refer students to SRS or other appropriate agencies.
12. Partner with campus leadership to enforce Harrison College policies regarding student misconduct.
13. Facilitate and track student-related processes (student schedule changes: program change, withdrawal, etc.).
14. Partner with Enrollment on the student re-entry process.
15. Partner with Registrars and Enrollment to ensure placement tests are completed.
16. Plan and complete professional development activities.
17. Maintain membership and participation in professional and community organizations.
18. Represent Harrison College in a professional manner at all times.
19. Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: collects and researches data, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, works well in group problem solving situations, pursues training and development opportunities, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, maintains confidentiality, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, writes clearly and informatively, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays passion and optimism, follows policies and procedures, responds to management direction, keeps commitments, asks for and offers help when needed, develops innovative approaches and ideas, prioritizes and plans work activities, plans for additional resources, treats others with respect and consideration, and upholds organizational values.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and research Internet software and prefer working knowledge of CampusVue.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.