Looking for an opportunity to work while going to school? Need a way to build up your networking contacts, develop your job skills, and potentially gain some experience before graduation? Student Employment could be just the right prospect for you!
The mission of Campus Work-study and Campus Employment is to standardize employment opportunities for students’ on-campus and in the surrounding communities. The employment experiences provided to students will park exploration of career paths and result in development of workplace skills as well as strengthening areas of personal growth.
Student employment eligibility – Students must be awarded Federal College Work-study or Campus Employment to apply for any Student Employment positions.
Campus Work-study (CWS) provides part-time jobs for undergraduate students attending Ashford University Campus with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expense. The program encourages community service work and work related to the recipient’s course of study.
The Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work-study (FWS), and Federal Perkins Loan programs are called campus-based programs because they are administered directly by the financial aid office at each participating school.
Escort students from areas of campus back to their residence hall. Log information. Assist in providing customer services to students and clients.
Essential Job Duties:
• Check in all visitors.
• Ask all visitors for government issued photo ID, sign out visitor card in exchange for photo ID and sign them into the visitor book.
• Make sure all visitors are checked out at the end of visitation hours by exchanging their visitor card for their photo ID.
• Let RA know about any visitor cards that are still out 30 minutes before visitation hours are
• Check lounge for violations, spills, ect.
• Ask students to clean their messes, assist if necessary.
• Check the laundry room for issues.
• Maintain a clean office.
• Note lost money from machines and inform supervisor.
• Clean and maintain lounge equipment, including pool tables.
• Check out pool sticks, ping pong paddles, ping pong balls, and games.
• Students must give their student ID in exchange for lounge equipment.
• Write their name in the equipment check out log book.
• Take note of any damage upon return of equipment, note it in book and notify supervisor.
• Call Security or RA in the case of: fight between students, non-compliant visitor, injury or accident, or any other concerning behaviors.
• Maintain security of RA walkie talkies.
• Notify supervisor of any issues or missing equipment.
• RA’s are only approved walkie talkie users.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Current student with Ashford University.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 7 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...