Hours per week
The OU Economic Development Marketing & PR intern will assist the Marketing & PR coordinator in writing content for OU Economic Development offices: Corporate Engagement Office, Office of Technology Development, and the Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth. The intern will also assist in the coordination of events.
Job duties will include:
- Manage web and blog content for OU Economic Development departments
- Write, distribute, and manage content for frequent e-newsletters
- Manage OU Economic Development social media channels
- Write press releases about OU technologies in coordination with the Office of Technology Development
- Assist with event coordination such as Research Campus speaker seminars and TEDxOU, an independently-organized TED event
- Assist in other tasks at discretion of Marketing & PR Coordinator
Prefer students major in any of the following fields: Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Communications, Marketing, English.
Prefer students looking to gain experience in press writing, social media management, web and blog management, visual communications.
Prefer students with a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and are familiar with Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, Google Docs, and Dropbox.
Special instructions to applicants
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit http://www.hr.ou.edu/policies/tbtesting.asp.
Required Applicant Documents
List of References
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Required Education and Experience:
Must be currently enrolled in the SPRING 2013 term as a student in good standing at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach SPRING 2013 oZONE class schedule.
Required Certifications, Registrations, or Licenses:
These requirements may be imposed by federal, state or recognized accrediting agency as a prerequisite of employment
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
Please list the skills and proficiencies needed to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Working knowledge of the Associated Press writing style.
Valid Driver's License Required:
University of Oklahoma - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard