The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is seeking a mature individual to work in a fast paced environment under the direction of the Treasury Operations Manager. The student employee will support Cash Receipts and Treasury area as well as other areas of the Finance office, as needed. Student will perform diversified clerical and accounting duties such as scanning checks and documentation, filing documents, applying cash receipts in the Oracle system, and other general accounting and administrative functions.
- Scanning checks, along with supporting documents and attaching to the receipts in the Oracle business system
- Post cash and wires in the Oracle business system
- Scan and attach information for Campus bank accounts
- Assist in updating cash schedule detail
- Answering the main office phone line
- Providing support to the office administrative assistant
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the Treasury Operations Manager
High school degree or equivalent, currently enrolled in an accredited degree program. Students from the State University of New York colleges and universities preferred.
Knowledge of office procedures, good organization skills, ability to work independently and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) software applications required.
Self-starter with the ability to work as an effective team player with all types of personalities. Good verbal communications. Position duties require some knowledge of general office procedures as well as good organization skills and ability to work independently on projects. Interest in reviewing existing processes and making suggestions for possible improvement.
- Enrollment in a finance related degree program
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft applications
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)