The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is seeking a mature individual to work under the direction of the Associate Director of Strategy and Planning. The student will assist in the development, refinement, and execution of the methodologies used to support the RF’s strategic planning and project management efforts. The student will gain valuable insights into the specific projects being undertaken to achieve the RF’s goals by assisting in monitoring and status reporting.
- Support the strategic planning process by conducting environmental scans, gathering and analyzing metrics data, and preparing executive summaries.
- Add and optimize the data in the project management system and generate reports on project performance.
- Support the portfolio and project management process by working with project managers and functional owners to collect and synthesize status information.
- Assist in the writing, proofreading, and presentation/training of the strategic planning and project management methodologies.
- Assist in the development and presentation of resource utilization reports.
- Support the group by creating presentations and meeting materials.
- Interact with external vendors as needed, to support the strategy and planning function.
- Gather data on internal controls and create database for reporting and easy access.
- Provide administrative support, maintain databases, perform web updates and conduct special projects as needed.
High school degree or equivalent, currently enrolled in an accredited degree program. Students from the State University of New York colleges and universities preferred. Knowledge of office procedures, good organization skills, ability to work independently and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and/or Power Point) software applications required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)