The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is seeking a mature individual to work under the direction of the Director of SUNY Networks of Excellence. The student will assist in the development, refinement, and execution of the methodologies used to support SUNY’s Networks of Excellence planning and project management efforts. The student will gain valuable insights into the specific projects being undertaken to achieve the RF’s goals by assisting in monitoring and status reporting.
- Work as a member of the Networks Team by conducting environmental scans, gathering and analyzing metrics data, and preparing summaries.
- Support the project management process by working with project managers and functional owners to collect and report project status information.
- Add and optimize the data in the project management system and generate reports on project performance.
- Support the group by creating presentations and meeting materials.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Conduct special projects as needed.
- Maintain databases.
- Prepare meeting materials.
- Perform web updates.
Enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program is preferred, however exceptional applicants with a minimum of high school degree or equivalent currently enrolled in accredited degree programs will be considered. Students from the State University of New York colleges and universities preferred. Knowledge of office procedures, good organization skills, ability to work independently and excellent communication skills are required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Power Point software applications required. Students with a demonstrated ability to problem solve and some experience working with website design, preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)