Department: School of Engineering, Bioengineering Research Center
Posting Title: Student Hourly
Position Number: 00005719
- Assist Director of Bioengineering Research Center Laboratories with lab records system
- Monitor back-up systems in labs
- Assist with specimen preparation
- Data collection using spectroscopic and microscopic instrumentation
- Assist at the front desk
- Data base entry
- Campus errands, and other duties/projects as assigned
- Must be a University of Kansas student enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each fall/spring semester
- Able to work during some school breaks and through the summer
- Able to commit to work in three-hour block increments of time
- Ability to work independently
- Must have strong attention to detail and computer skills
- Needs to have excellent communication and organizational skills
Work Schedule: Must be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week with blocks of available work time being at least three hours long.
- First preference will be given to Federal Work Study applicants
- A background in Chemistry
- Database and Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience working in an office environment
Advertised Pay: Minimum $9.00 per hour
Contact Information for Applicants:
Application Deadline: January 4, 2013
- Dr. Charles Ye, 785-864-1746, email@example.com
- Jenny Ding, 785-864-1744, firstname.lastname@example.org
Estimated Start Date: January 7, 2013
Number of Openings: 1
Conditions of Employment
Students holding student hourly appointments must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the student was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications should include all relevant work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume or curriculum vitae (CV). We strongly encourage applicants to have their cover letter and resume/CV as one document when applying for positions at the University of Kansas. Once you have completed the application form, you will have the opportunity to attach other documentation in the "My Career Tools" page of the Careers Homepage.
***When completing the application, please make sure to hit NEXT on the right side of each page until it is no longer available before hitting SUBMIT. Once you hit the SUBMIT button you can make no further changes to the application.
Please click the "Apply Now" link on this job posting to proceed with the online application. If you have any questions during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or (785) 864-4946.
The University of Kansas - Lawrence, University of Kansas Medical Center, the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and its affiliated locations are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu , 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Arrangements will be made if you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing the application form or in interviewing. Please notify Human Resources at (785) 864-4946 in advance so necessary arrangements can be made.
The University of Kansas Medical Center - 17 months ago