Alfred Benesch & Co. is looking for a student interested in the construction management path and intern on site projects for the summer. This position will be located in the Grand Rapids, MI area with some travel required.
As an intern, you will be responsible for completing meaningful, hands-on work tasks and assignments for client projects . On-the-job training will be provided by experienced engineers, giving you exposure to "real life" work and projects. Interns will also have the opportunity to learn more about Benesch , our people and our culture.
Primary responsibilities will vary depending on the office, service discipline and available client projects. Responsibilities may include:
· Preparation of plans and specifications and completion of project designs utilizing CAD and integrated design software
· Assisting with field assignments including construction observation, surveying assistance or project administration responsibilities
The Qualified Applicant will:
· Be working towards a BS degree in an applicable engineering field (Junior status preferred)
· Have previous engineering or DOT internship experience
· Be familiar with CAD integrated software
· Be highly motivated and a self-starter
· Possess excellent work ethics and positive attitude
· Be organized and able to multi-task
· Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Have the ability to work independently and as a team
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Be willing to work outside in good and inclement weather
· Have a flexible schedule allowing for weekend work and work out of town if necessary
Benesch - 10 months ago
As trusted business and legal advisors, we dedicate ourselves to helping our clients grow innovative, respected and profitable companies. We...