Student Internship Program
Alfred Benesch & Co. offers a variety of internship opportunities for structural engineering students throughout the year. Our Chicago office is hiring interns for temporary summer employment with some opportunities continuing throughout the school year.
As an intern, you will be responsible for completing meaningful, hands-on work tasks and assignments for client projects . On-the-job training will be provided by experienced engineers, giving you exposure to "real life" work and projects. Interns will also have the opportunity to learn more about Benesch , our people and our culture.
Primary responsibilities will vary depending on the office, service discipline and available client projects. Responsibilities may include:
The Qualified Applicant will:
- Preparation of plans and specifications and completion of project designs utilizing CAD and integrated design software
- Assisting with field assignments including construction observation, surveying assistance or project administration responsibilities
- Be working towards a BS degree in an applicable engineering field
- Be familiar with CAD integrated software
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Possess excellent work ethics and positive attitude
- Be organized and able to multi-task
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be willing to work outside in good and inclement weather
- Have a flexible schedule allowing for weekend work and work out of town if necessary
Benesch - 18 months ago
Benesch designs complex highway interchanges, major river bridges, parking structures and structural systems for high-rise buildings. We...