Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
- Knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
- Supervise the payment and reporting process of Pell grants
- Ability to serve as a mentor and provide training sessions to all staff members, while ensuring compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations and guidelines.
- Extensive experience working with Federal Direct Student Loans, State Programs, and Private Loans.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and State Regulations.