The Student Management Specialist is responsible for contacting student directly, working with and through Admissions Advisors to improve the starts, show rate, and retention of students over prior year and meeting the budgeted show rate and start numbers. Ensure that obstacles to the student starting school are eliminated, and works closely with all other departments on behalf of the students. Accountable for ensuring consistently high levels of integrity across all interactions, activities and data relating to Admissions.
- Track and monitor new student’s progress during a single start cycle through financial aid movement, degree planning and student engagement (open house, orientation, class access, learning services, student advising). Monitor this progress through daily/weekly meetings with each advisor.
- Conduct monthly performance reviews with Directors of Admissions and advisors – builds plans with DOA to capitalize on strengths and address opportunities
- Provide balanced feedback to managers and advisors using STAR/AR technique
- Responsible for overall team performance in absence of the Director of Admissions
- Effectively track and communicate new student contacts and progression to start classes successfully
- Partner with Director of Admissions and all university student support departments to ensure incoming students are being serviced properly
- Conduct customer service transfers ensuring advisors interviews are complete and that a transparent experience was provided to the student
- Train Advisor A through Lead Advisors on improving student preparedness
- Conduct Virtual Campus Tours and Open Houses for incoming students
- Forecasts starts and show-rates accurately for their respective teams
- BS/BA required or equivalent related experience
- Experience in proprietary education in a management position
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Basic computer applications including e-mail and the Internet
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
Colorado Technical University - 5 months ago
Career Education Corporation (CEC) has made a career of handing out diplomas. The for-profit company owns and operates about 90 domestic and...